Travel by plane
For your arrival: the major airports you can use are the ones in Sibiu, Bucuresti and Cluj Napoca.
From Sibiu you can take a taxi to the hotel. The drive may last 10 - 20 minutes. Flights to Sibiu:
Tarom: Munich - Sibiu 10.25 - 13.10
Lufthansa: Munich - Sibiu 15.40 - 18.20
Munich - Sibiu 21.55 - 00.35
Austrian Airlines: Viena- Sibiu 12.50 - 15.15
From Cluj Napoca you need to travel either by taxi (it might take up to 3 hours), or you may travel by train. Here you can find the time-table for the trains. On www.autogari.ro you can find travel information by bus also from Cluj to Sibiu. Please note that this information is supplied without liability.
From Bucuresti take one of the ISO buses. The first one leaves on Sunday at 13.00 h, the other at 14.00 h. The early arrivals might take the ISO Board Bus on Saturday at 16.30 h. The drive by ISO buses from the Henri Coanda airport Bucuresti to the hotel in Sibiu might last 5 hours.
Should you wish to travel by train from the H. Coanda airport in Bucuresti to Sibiu you have to:
take the airport express to Bucuresti Nord railway station. Here you have some more details.
From Bucuresti Nord you have 2 trains to Sibiu: one at 10.00 AM, which arrives in Sibiu at 15.38 PM, or the other at 15.30, which arrives in Sibiu at 21.04 (the train's timetable may be subject to change till Sept. 2014).
Important notice: there are no more inland flights on weekends from Bucharest to Sibiu.
For your departure: please consider traveling by taxi from the hotel to the H. Coanda airport in Bucuresti, or taking the airport express train.
Travel by train
For your arrival: arrive at the train station in Medias, transfer by taxi to Sibiu. The transfer from Medias to Sibiu can last one hour.
For your departure: from Bucuresti Nord railway station (Gara de Nord) you can take any international train.
Good to know about Romania
Money: exchange rate calculator
Airports: Airports in Romania
Romanian railway: cfr.ro
Taxi: Taxi rides are relatively inexpensive in Romania. Taxi rides shouldn't cost more than 10-20 Lei (3-6 Euros). For longer trips you could pay maybe 10 Euros (45 lei). Please look for certified companies at the airport info points and at the hotel receptions!
Entry and visa requirements to Romania
Further practical information about Romania
1. Wild Carpathia, the movie (Count Tibor Kalnoky and Prince Charles about
Transylvania, its wildlife and the people) (Engl.)
2. Ein Dorf erwacht. A movie with Prince Charles and the Eminescu Trust and Caroline Fernolend; an old village is coming to life - Viscri/Deutschweisskirch (Germ.)
4. Brasov/Kronstadt on Wikipedia (Surf for all other towns as well)
6. COT Honigberg/Harman, your organbuilders are welcoming you.
7. UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Romania
8. Romanian tourist information offices throughout the world
9. Allgemeine Deutsche Zeitung für Rumänien. The only German-language daily newspaper in Eastern Europe (Germ.)
10. Debizz. German business magazine in Romania (Germ.)
11. Business Review. Weekly business magazine in Romania (Engl.)